From Roberto Galoppini <roberto.galopp...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Contacting other Apache projects
Date Fri, 16 Aug 2013 12:22:01 GMT
2013/8/16 Daniel Gruno <rumble@cord.dk>

> On 08/15/2013 08:02 PM, Rich Bowen wrote:
> > Oone of the compelling things about the Allura project is that it
> > provides a unified software forge, while Apache projects tend to operate
> > with a loosely coupled (or completely uncoupled) set of tools to develop
> > their code.
> >
> > While one is usually reluctant to spam the entire committer@ list with
> > ... well, with anything ...
> It's been done before (I did it once, not too long ago) and with great
> success. People tend to be positive towards receiving such mails, if
> they are well crafted and explain exactly _why_ projects would benefit
> from using this software.
>
> > it may be useful to send a (well written)
> > message to committers@ that says:
> >
> > 1) Here's what Allura does.
> If you're going to send to committers@, I'd put emphasis on what it does
> _for projects such as Apache projects_, and not so much on _everything
> it does_. So emphasis on collaboration (and exactly how this is
> achieved, 'cause we know Allura is kind'a good at that ;) ) would be a
> good thing.

Daniel would you be open to draft a message in this sense? Given your
experience with Apache projects and your knowledge of Allura I believe
you'd be able to capture the essence of what matters most to Apache folks.

On a separate line of thoughts I'd be interested in learning your ideas
about how heatbeats and allura could be integrated.

Roberto