From Cory Johns <cjo...@slashdotmedia.com>
Subject Re: Including the concept of Organizations within Allura
Date Tue, 06 Aug 2013 15:39:07 GMT
It looks like the branch was pruned from the SourceForge Allura repository,
but it's still available on the ASF Allura repository, at:
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-allura.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/si/5566

I can't personally speak to the code for that branch, since I haven't
reviewed it, but I know we also have the concepts of Neighborhoods in
Allura which seems like it has at least some conceptual overlap.  Can you
explain to me a bit more about how the idea of Organizations complements
and contrasts with Neighborhoods?  Neighborhoods are obviously more
project-oriented whereas I would expect Organizations to be more
user-oriented, but would it make sense to merge the two concepts together?

The user statistics code is merged, though it is not enabled on SF I
believe due to some concerns over performance that we had not yet had time
to investigate (the concerns arose when scaling the stats collection to the
millions of users & projects that SF has), but the feature is available and
works.