From Stefano Invernizzi <stefano.invernizz...@gmail.com>
Subject Including the concept of Organizations within Allura
Date Mon, 05 Aug 2013 15:21:14 GMT
Dear all,
A few months ago, Simone Gatti and I submitted a portion of code we had
developed for out Master Thesis. We provided the code in the branch
si/5566, even if I can't find the branch anymore. Our contribution
implements the concept of an organization within Allura, allowing
companies, education institutions or foundations to be explicitly
represented within the forge. As for users, organizations are linked to a
project, representing the organization’s profile. Projects can be
explicitly linked to organizations participating in their development, and
users can state their belonging to a specific organization, which is
allowed to either confirm or not the user’s involvement within the
organization itself. Finally, as for users, we implemented a statistics
mechanism, allowing computing stats about the contributions provided by
organizations.
If you think these contributions could be useful for the forge, we would be
very happy to see them included in Allura. If it is necessary, we can
re-submit the code to a new branch. Any comment concerning our work is
welcome, and we are available to provide additional explanations or
modifications, if needed. Thank you very much,
Regards,
Stefano Invernizzi