From Dave Brondsema <d...@brondsema.net>
Subject Re: allura instance at Apache is UP
Date Mon, 26 Aug 2013 21:59:57 GMT
On 8/26/13 1:45 PM, Olemis Lang wrote:
> On 8/26/13, Rich Bowen <rbowen@rcbowen.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> It would be really awesome if we could let any Apache LDAP account
>>> have access without registering, and also allow other folks to
>>> register. Possibly someone from Infra could suggest how we might sync
>>> LDAP account into Allura accounts?
>>>
>> Is there an LDAP <-> OpenID thing anywhere that would let us use LDAP
>> directly as an auth source?
>>

> Generally speaking ? gracie I do not know what's the more
> up-to-date/supported version among [1]_ [2]_ . Nevertheless isn't
> there already an openid provider for apache.org domain ?
>
> .. [1] Gracie @ github
>         (https://github.com/petertodd/gracie/)
>
> .. [2] Gracie @ pypi
>         (https://pypi.python.org/pypi/gracie/0.2.6)

Good ideas.  I don't see an openid provider listed at
http://www.apache.org/dev/services.html but maybe there is one out there, if we
ask infra.

We do have a direct LDAP auth provider in Allura.  But I'm not sure if we can
make it work side-by-side with regular usernames.  What would you do with
username conflicts?  Both LDAP and OpenID providers have bitrotted a bit and
need a little work.

--
Dave Brondsema : dave@brondsema.net
http://www.brondsema.net : personal