From Dave Brondsema <d...@brondsema.net>
Subject Re: ASF Incubator Release Vote: 1.0.0
Date Tue, 20 Aug 2013 16:52:25 GMT
On 8/20/13 9:06 AM, Peter Hartmann wrote:
> On 20.08.2013 13:01 Daniel Gruno <rumble@cord.dk> wrote:
>
>> On 08/19/2013 06:28 PM, Cory Johns wrote:
>>> A new release file, signature, and hashes are now up at
>>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/allura/ under the
>>> names allura-incubating-1.0.0.tar.gz* to address the issues that Dave and
>>> Peter raised.
>>
>> Teensy weensy remark, that some of the more extreme nitpickers might
>> also notice if this hits the incubator list; the NOTICE file says
>> "Apache Allura", it should say "Apache Allura (incubating)".
>>
>> While it's not a big deal to me personally, some people are very strict
>> with the whole "it's not a TLP yet" issue.
>>

> When creating the file, I looked at other (accepted) Incubator releases and
> "incubating" part didn't seem to be prevalent.

That sounds like good rationale, and I'd be inclined to keep going on our
current release vote, so we can get it out to the incubator general list for all
the feedback.

That said, the NOTICE files just came up on that list for another podling.  See
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-general/201308.mbox/%3CCAOGo0VawrODCJPG3A43sz%2BHXZwop3RsKMVtefyG3aUc3UNYzeg%40mail.gmail.com%3E

--
Dave Brondsema : dave@brondsema.net
http://www.brondsema.net : personal