From Dave Brondsema <d...@brondsema.net>
Subject allura instance at Apache is UP
Date Mon, 19 Aug 2013 16:50:09 GMT
Thanks to infra, we now have https://forge-allura.apache.org/ up and running.
It has SSL (unlike before) so it's good for us to log in and start using it.
Email routing should be set up, but Tim Van Steenburgh is checking on it and we
may need to make some code changes - https://sourceforge.net/p/allura/tickets/6547/

What overall direction do we want to take with this Allura instance?  Right now
it just has the Allura project on it: https://forge-allura.apache.org/p/allura/
(and a few test projects) And that just has the git code browser (updated via
cron).  I am thinking we should make https://forge-allura.apache.org/p/allura/
be the main page for everything related to allura.  So, start moving over
content from  http://sf.net/p/allura/ like wiki, chat logs, tickets.  Also move
content from http://incubator.apache.org/allura/ over.  (and set up redirects on
both of those).  We can also add links to our docs, jenkins build status, etc
(although the wiki has those sorts of links too).

And on a more technical level, I think there's a lot of work cut out for us on
our Allura instance.  Here's what comes to mind (many of these have tickets for
them already, I think):

* add logo & name to header
* customize home page
* disable OpenID login (since that feature doesn't even work)
* disable new projects (make Allura-only for now)
* disable forking (no git server running for it to work)
* CSS fixes in standard theme

Oh, and what about logins?  We could authenticate with Apache LDAP, but that
would restrict it to ASF committers only.  I think letting anyone make an
account so they can report a bug, make a comment, etc would be good.  I don't
have any great ideas of how to use both LDAP + separate allura-only accounts.

We can also get all PMC members set up as admins on the site.  Just let me know
your username and I can add you.

--
Dave Brondsema : dave@brondsema.net
http://www.brondsema.net : personal