From Dave Brondsema <d...@brondsema.net>
Subject Re: Contacting other Apache projects
Date Thu, 15 Aug 2013 21:52:46 GMT
On 8/15/13 2:25 PM, Rich Bowen wrote:
> On 08/15/2013 02:02 PM, Rich Bowen wrote:
>> Oone of the compelling things about the Allura project is that it provides a
>> unified software forge, while Apache projects tend to operate with a loosely
>> coupled (or completely uncoupled) set of tools to develop their code.
>>
>> While one is usually reluctant to spam the entire committer@ list with ...
>> well, with anything ... it may be useful to send a (well written) message to
>> committers@ that says:
>>
>> 1) Here's what Allura does.
>>
>> 2) Here's the kind of things we hope Allura does in the coming N months.
>>
>> 3) What kinds of tools would you, as a committer on the Apache Foo project,
>> like to see in a forge style tool, or are you completely content with the
>> status quo in Apache development tools?
>
> Oh, and also "Would you like to come help us make that happen?"
>

>> Thoughts?

Sounds great to me.

I think we may want to wait until we have our Apache instance of allura up and
running, so that we can show folks how it works (and there's a few CSS/JS bugs
on the standard theme that need to be addressed too).

--
Dave Brondsema : dave@brondsema.net
http://www.brondsema.net : personal