From Dave Brondsema <d...@brondsema.net>
Subject Re: ASF Incubator Release Vote: 1.0.0
Date Thu, 15 Aug 2013 20:28:49 GMT
On 8/15/13 4:10 PM, Peter Hartmann wrote:
> On 14.08.2013 at 22:36 Dave Brondsema <dave@brondsema.net> wrote:
>
>> +1 (binding)
>>
>> I installed it locally (OSX) and all went fine (although setup-app spews a lot
>> of non-fatal error-looking messages).  To my knowledge our licensing is good.
>> And in my opinion, the issues I raised on this thread (hash formats, changelog)
>> aren't blocking.
>>
>> On 8/13/13 1:16 PM, Cory Johns wrote:
>>> The first candidate for initial Allura Incubator release is up.
>>>
>>>   * File:
>>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/allura//allura-1.0.0.tar.gz
>>>   * Sig:
>>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/allura//allura-1.0.0.tar.asc
>>>   * KEYS file:
>>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/incubator/allura/KEYS
>>>   * Tag (asf_release_1.0.0):
>>> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-allura.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/tags/asf_release_1.0.0
>>>

>>> Once this is voted and approved by us, we'll put it up for vote on
>>> general@incubator.apache.org for general approval as our first official
>>> Allura incubator release.
>>>

> Being gone for such a long time and leaving release in your hands, I don't feel
> particularily entitled to voice any concern. Talk about coming late to the party.
>
> However, let me point out that, per ASF Incubation policy:
>
>> the release archive MUST contain the word "incubating" in the filename; andthe
>> release archive MUST contain an Incubation disclaimer (as described in the
>> previous section), clearly visible in the main documentation or README file.
>
> ( http://incubator.apache.org/incubation/Incubation_Policy.html#Releases )
>
> Disclaimer's example/template is given at:
> http://incubator.apache.org/guides/branding.html
>
> I want to stress that It's not my intention to nitpick, I want this release out
> as everyone else. I view this as something I should've done myself and long time
> ago.

That's a very important point, not a nit-pick.  Actually, Cory noticed this a
few hours ago too -- but emails sent from our corporate addresses seem to go
into folks' spam folders :(

I think we should change the name, and to Cory's email - I'm ok with re-using
1.0.0 for a re-cut version.

--
Dave Brondsema : dave@brondsema.net
http://www.brondsema.net : personal