incubator-allura-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Dave Brondsema" <>
Subject [allura:tickets] #6381 Allura tickets system intermittently discards replies to comments [ss4454]
Date Tue, 25 Jun 2013 22:06:41 GMT
Here's data from Keith's recent example on in which
he replied to Earnie's "Can you point out" and it ended up as an "edit".

That single post has data:

	"_id" : "",
	"import_id" : null,
	"status" : "ok",
	"spam_check_id" : "",
	"tool_version" : {
		"tickets" : "0.0"
	"deleted" : false,
	"text" : "Can you point out the non white space changes?  Attaching a diff ignoring the white
space changes would be good.",
	"labels" : [ ],
	"app_id" : ObjectId("50f7f9625fcbc91a25ddb92f"),
	"thread_id" : "5b408c28",
	"discussion_id" : ObjectId("50f7f9625fcbc91a25ddb931"),
	"mod_date" : ISODate("2013-06-25T13:14:12.696Z"),
	"app_config_id" : ObjectId("50f7f9625fcbc91a25ddb92f"),
	"last_edit_date" : ISODate("2013-06-25T13:14:12.495Z"),
	"slug" : "3193/08d1",
	"flagged_by" : [ ],
	"edit_count" : 1,
	"last_edit_by_id" : ObjectId("4c66c1790594ca4a13000018"),
	"acl" : [
			"access" : "ALLOW",
			"role_id" : ObjectId("50f7f8e95fcbc91a25ddb34b"),
			"permission" : "moderate"
	"parent_id" : "",
	"full_slug" : "20130625120736:3193/20130625121849:08d1",
	"version" : 3,
	"flags" : 0,
	"timestamp" : ISODate("2013-06-25T12:18:49.711Z"),
	"author_id" : ObjectId("4d0620ec0594ca7bc3000566")

I see `last_edit_date` & `mod_date` are set.  `last_edit_by_id` is keith, so that all
matches what we see on the webpage.

The web log corresponding to that edit date is:

    [25/Jun/2013:13:14:12 +0000] "POST /p/mingw/bugs/_discuss/thread/5b408c28/3193/08d1/reply
HTTP/1.1" 302 267 ""

That has /reply in it, which indicates the reply form was used (not edit form).

I don't have any suggestions for how to reliably duplicate it, unfortunately.


** [tickets:#6381] Allura tickets system intermittently discards replies to comments [ss4454]**

**Status:** in-progress
**Labels:** support p2 42cc 
**Created:** Thu Jun 20, 2013 01:28 PM UTC by Chris Tsai
**Last Updated:** Tue Jun 25, 2013 01:22 PM UTC
**Owner:** nobody

Ref: [allura:tickets:#4454]

>>>Within the browser view of a ticket, I'll select the "reply" option in one of
the follow-up comment panes. I'll enter my reply, in the input pane which is presented. When
I subsequently select the "post reply" option, it's a complete lottery as to whether the reply
will actually be posted; all too frequently, the system records an edit to the original message,
(in which I've changed nothing), while dropping the actual reply on the floor, whence it vanishes
into oblivion.

>>>This is happening way too often; it is becoming increasingly frustrating.

>>Can you provide a time frame for when this has been occurring (we've been working
through some site issues the past few days which I could see as related) and some specific
examples that we can check the logs for?

>>Also, as a personal recommendation, I've been using the Lazarus browser plugin (for
FF and Chrome), and helped me recover lost text on many occasions.

>I've noticed it intermittently, over several months; pretty much, ever since MinGW migrated
to the Allura platform. Most recent occurrence was today, (just a short while before I raised
this issue itself), when I attempted to add the side issue references on

>I experienced a similar issue yesterday, on
(I think); tracking down any earlier occurrences may be too difficult to contemplate, but
there have been several.

>Thanks for the Lazarus pointer; I'll certainly look into it. However, I've simply gotten
into the habit of using Ctrl-A Ctrl-C in the input pane, just prior to selecting "post reply".

>One further point, which may or may not be related: sometimes, when a reply is successfully
posted, it becomes divorced from its parent, and presented as an apparent top level discussion
item, (usually with an intervening "page break").

So we don't need to do a lot of timestamp comparing to figure out which reply specifically,
it looks like it's this one:


Sent from because is subscribed to

To unsubscribe from further messages, a project admin can change settings at
 Or, if this is a mailing list, you can unsubscribe from the mailing list.
  • Unnamed multipart/related (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message