From Dave Brondsema <d...@brondsema.net>
Subject Re: Removing commit counts on branch & tag buttons in the sidebar?
Date Fri, 24 May 2013 03:21:27 GMT
On 05/23/2013 05:35 PM, Cory Johns wrote:
> Does anyone object to me removing the commit counts on the branch & tag
> buttons in the sidebar?  They can be expensive to compute and I don't feel
> they add much value.

Nope, no objections here. Especially with large repos the numbers don't
even fit.  I think there is some small value on smaller repos when e.g.
one branch has 12 commits and another has 16, you can see that it's
*probably* 4 commits ahead.  But not worth it given the computation cost
you describe

--
Dave Brondsema : dave@brondsema.net
http://www.brondsema.net : personal