From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject Re: Need NOTICE file in top level directory?
Date Tue, 16 Apr 2013 12:58:04 GMT
If I understand the docs correctly, I think we should probably err on the side of too much
than too little - so we should put the NOTICE file in there as described in src-headers.html

The legal stuff always seems a little opaque to me.

--Rich

On Apr 15, 2013, at 9:33 PM, Tim Van Steenburgh wrote:

> Hey guys,
>
> I was reviewing Peter's work on https://sourceforge.net/p/allura/tickets/4648 tonight
and noticed that we don't have a NOTICE file in the root dir with the LICENSE file. I know
it's in the individual packages dirs, and I follow the logic of the conversation on the ticket
linked above, but at the same time, http://www.apache.org/legal/src-headers.html sounds pretty
insistent that "Every Apache distribution should include a NOTICE file in the top directory,
along with the standard LICENSE file."

> Rich, do you have any input on this? It's not a big deal to add obviously, just figured
I'd ask before merging.

--
Rich Bowen
rbowen@rcbowen.com