From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject Re: GSoC - anyone interested?
Date Thu, 11 Apr 2013 15:23:20 GMT
It appears that what we need to do is this:

Prospective ASF mentors: read this

We are looking for as many interesting projects as we can come up with. For more info about
mentoring, please read our guide to being a mentor .

specific issues are dealt with, and where announcements will be made. If you want to track
the program administration you should subscribe to dev@community.apache.org.

Once the ASF is confirmed as a mentoring organisation mentors must register with the GSoC
webapp, and request to become a mentor for the ASF organization. Make sure that the email
address you use for that (it's often your @gmail.com address by default) is '''registered
as a mail alias for your Apache account at (http://id.apache.org)''' so that we can match
it to your ASF account. You should also register your '''GSoC Link Id to committers/GSoCLinkId.txt'''.

All ASF projects are invited to submit their ideas to their issue tracker, please be sure
to add the labels "gsoc2013" and "mentor" so that we can automatically include them in our
list of subjects. If your project does not use JIRA please contact dev@community.apache.org.

On Apr 11, 2013, at 10:56 AM, Wayne Witzel III wrote:

> I will take care of this today.
>
> --
> Wayne Witzel III (@wwitzel3)
> wayne@pieceofpy.com
> http://pieceofpy.com
>

> On Thursday, April 11, 2013 at 09:37 , Rich Bowen wrote:
>
>> We are in the final moments of the GSoC application process, and I believe we still
have time to slip in under the wire.

>> The details of how to get involved are at http://community.apache.org/gsoc.html
>>
>> Do we have a task or set of tasks that we can propose? Do we have any students who
are still out there looking for something to work on?

>> We need someone to serve as mentor who is deeply familiar with the code, otherwise
I'd volunteer myself. It would be a shame to miss this opportunity.

--
Rich Bowen
rbowen@rcbowen.com