From Olemis Lang <ole...@gmail.com>
Subject Allura search context (VM down?) WAS: [BLOODHOUND] Query Builder (Search / Custom Query)
Date Thu, 21 Mar 2013 15:51:53 GMT
Hi!
:)

We were discussing a bit about search contexts for Apache™ Bloodhound and ...

On 3/21/13, Olemis Lang <olemis@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 3/20/13, Joe Dreimann <joachim.dreimann@wandisco.com> wrote:
>> On 20 Mar 2013, at 20:53, Olemis Lang <olemis@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> On 3/20/13, Joachim Dreimann <joachim.dreimann@wandisco.com> wrote:
>>> [...]
>>> [...]
>>>
>>> what does this mean exactly ? Let's focus on the following situation .
>>> User reads let's say a wiki page in product P and searches for word W
>>> by using search input box in the header . In your opinion is there any
>>> value for getting results from other projects , even potentially not
>>> provide any result for the active project ?
>>
>> Yes.
> [...]
>
> My point is somehow similar to this :
>
> http://sourceforge.net/p/allura/tickets/?source=navbar
>
> In there you'll find focused product-specific Search Tickets box and
> broad Search box in body header . So user will choose search scope
> explicitly . The only difference being that our proposal for focused
> search (by default) should span over multiple resources (not just
> tickets) . That means that I basically agree with you on user intents
> within product boundaries . OTOH I disagree on not to limit the
> (default) scope of search to active product . Systematically leading
> the user out of product boundaries is not a good practice afaict
>
> PS: I actually don't know whether the search box at the top is really
> part of Allura of a SF.net specific add-on .

I was trying to confirm my hypothesis but ...

{{{
#!sh

$ wget -O /dev/null http://allura-vm.apache.org/
--2013-03-21 10:43:02--  http://allura-vm.apache.org/
Resolving allura-vm.apache.org... 140.211.11.147
Connecting to allura-vm.apache.org|140.211.11.147|:80... failed:
Connection timed out.
Retrying.

[...]
}}}