From Dave Brondsema <d...@brondsema.net>
Subject Re: User stats and organizations
Date Fri, 01 Mar 2013 17:40:57 GMT
On 3/1/13 12:36 PM, Tim Van Steenburgh wrote:
> I think there are 3 options:
>
> 1. Leave as-is, and write a script to install the tool on existing user projects.
> 2. Make the stats tool installable, but only for user projects.

This isn't an option now, but we do have a ticket for it, it'd be nice to have
https://sourceforge.net/p/allura/tickets/2286/

> 3. Install the stats tool on demand when necessary.

This should be doable by putting it in the "Anchored tools" feature.  It's a per
neighborhood setting, so it could be added just for the user-neighborhood:
/u/_admin/overview  Then it'll get installed on demand when a user-project is
visited.

> I think 1 and 3 are the best choices, and I'm leaning towards 1 b/c it'll keep the code
cleaner. Let's wait and see if any one else chimes in with an opinion, and if not, we'll just
go with that. In the meantime, I'll just continue testing with a new user instead of an existing
one.

--
Dave Brondsema : dave@brondsema.net
http://www.brondsema.net : personal