From Cory Johns <john...@geek.net>
Subject Re: Lowering the bar to committer rights?
Date Tue, 08 Jan 2013 15:44:37 GMT
Nicely worded exposition of the argument for more liberal commit rights.

I think we all agree that more contributors will be beneficial, and I think
we've tried to be pretty liberal and proactive about granting commit rights
to anyone who seems interested in contributing.  But perhaps being more
open and up-front about wanting to be open to new contributors would help
encourage people to become interesting in collaborating with us.

I think that it would be great to publish a policy like the one mentioned
in your link -- that commit rights are granted upon request under condition
of our policies (tickets to organize and help review work, branch
conventions, encouraging people to review others' work as well as
contributing their own changes, etc).

--
====