From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject Re: Introduction of myself and MARKOS project
Date Tue, 15 Jan 2013 18:45:44 GMT

On Jan 15, 2013, at 12:31 PM, Davide Galletti wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>
> my name is Davide Galletti and I am working on a EEC funded research project named MARKOS;

Welcome!

> Within MARKOS I will realize a component called "Crawler" which will be responsilble
for
> gathering as much informationon OSS Projects as possible from forges, metaforges and
any
> source we might find interesting. The first release is expected in 2013, and development
will
> continue till the end of 2014, of course with an OSS license.
> We expect to contribute also in other directions; for instance we might consider helping
> out Apache on the maintenance of the DOAP files of their projects.

I'm very interested in this. In fact, just last week I was looking at the DOAP listing (https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/infrastructure/site-tools/trunk/projects/files.xml)
and noticed that numerous projects are missing. We'd love to see that list be complete.

> I would be happy the Crawler component could become useful to the Allura Platform; the
benefit
> would be that the user searching on Allura would find also projects hosted elsewhere;
within
> Allura there could be a detail page on the project from which the user could eventually
jump
> to the external project or download pages.
>
> If this makes sense, I hope that you will keep an eye on this project and maybe also
give me
> some hints,

We'd love to see more of your ideas in this direction. I'm more on the community side than
technical, so I'll leave it to others to give you specific technical direction, but mostly,
we'd love to see you jump in and make things happen.

--
Rich Bowen
rbowen@rcbowen.com