From Davide Galletti <davide.galle...@gmail.com>
Subject Introduction of myself and MARKOS project
Date Tue, 15 Jan 2013 17:31:18 GMT
Hi everybody,

my name is Davide Galletti and I am working on a EEC funded research
project named MARKOS;

"MARKOS intends to realize the prototype of an automatic service
providing an integrated view
on the Open Source projects available on the web, focusing on
functional, structural and licenses
aspects of the software code released by the projects."
More detail and updates on http://www.markosproject.eu/

Within MARKOS I will realize a component called "Crawler" which will be
responsilble for
gathering as much informationon OSS Projects as possible from forges,
metaforges and any
source we might find interesting. The first release is expected in 2013,
and development will
continue till the end of 2014, of course with an OSS license.
We expect to contribute also in other directions; for instance we might
consider helping
out Apache on the maintenance of the DOAP files of their projects.

I would be happy the Crawler component could become useful to the Allura
Platform; the benefit
would be that the user searching on Allura would find also projects
hosted elsewhere; within
Allura there could be a detail page on the project from which the user
could eventually jump
to the external project or download pages.

If this makes sense, I hope that you will keep an eye on this project
and maybe also give me
some hints,

Thanks for now, cheers,

Davide