From Ross Gardler <rgard...@opendirective.com>
Subject Re: Incubator PMC/Board report for Dec 2012 ([ppmc])
Date Thu, 13 Dec 2012 22:04:01 GMT
On 13 December 2012 21:45, Rich Bowen <rbowen@rcbowen.com> wrote:

> On Dec 12, 2012, at 1:57 PM, Ross Gardler wrote:
>
> >> But a close-to-zero month
> >> for those parameters says a lot about how inactive the community is, if
> >> you're interested in that.
> >
> > Well that's just it, we (the ASF) are not interested in that kind of
> > statistic.
>
> If I might clarify something that Ross is saying here ... (and taking the
> remark completely out of context to make the point)
>
> Alvaro's and Jesus's contribution to this project is all about statistics
> - statistics that are very valuable in measuring the activity and health of
> a project. We, the Allura project, are VERY interested in this kind of
> statistic.

When Ross says that we (the ASF) are not interested in that kind of
> statistic, he is *not* saying that your contributions aren't welcome or
> wanted on the Allura project, but rather that the ASF governance (the
> board) is interested in other kinds of things in reports to the board.

Thanks for clarifying this Rich. I can assure the community that this is
indeed what I meant. In fact I said as much in the same mail the above
quote is taken from:

"Note, this doesn't mean individual PMCs would not find these indicators
helpful."

I hope nobody misunderstood my comments in the way Rich feels they may
have. If anyone did please be reassured so I concur with Rich'
clarifications.

Ross