From Cory Johns <john...@geek.net>
Subject Re: commit & merge practices for Allura
Date Mon, 10 Dec 2012 20:39:01 GMT
I know that we don't often revert stories from master currently, but when /
if we do end up needing to, I don't want to be the one reverting a bunch of
commits by hand.  :-)  The penultimate line in your linked post even
suggests using --no-ff for this exact case (though it is mentioned in
reference to a merge-heavy workflow, which we clearly don't have).
 Probably it's not worth switching to until it becomes an issue, but I
wanted to bring it up.

We do still need to be sure to make clear what workflow we want to try to
stick to so that people aren't just guessing or using their own preferred
workflow.