From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject Re: User stats and organizations
Date Thu, 06 Dec 2012 14:38:33 GMT

On Nov 29, 2012, at 1:06 PM, Simone Gatti wrote:

> We would like to know what you think about these features, and we would
> like to know how we can provide you our code to get a feedback from you
> and, eventually, to discuss improvements and changes on it. Stefano is now
> allowed to write on the repositoy, but since I am not allowed to do so, and
> since these features should obviously be discussed before being included on
> the project, I don't know if working there, even on a new branch, is the
> best solution. Also, let us know if you prefer to check the two features
> separately or not. Probably, it would be easier to do it incrementally,
> considering one of them at a time.

I, for one, am a big fan of the enhanced functionality around the user profile. My specific
interest is a system of matchmaking between users and projects, where a project can say "we
need help on ticket #3456 and it requires skills A, B, and C", and this will find users that
match the profile and are looking for something to work on

As to whether the work should happen in a branch, that's typically the way that we've done
stuff on this project before we brought it to Apache, and it seems to work very well. That,
of course, is a matter for ongoing discussion.

--
Rich Bowen
rbowen@rcbowen.com :: @rbowen