From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject Re: Incubator PMC/Board report for Dec 2012 ([ppmc])
Date Wed, 12 Dec 2012 17:36:29 GMT

On Dec 12, 2012, at 12:20 PM, Jesus M. Gonzalez-Barahona wrote:

>> Thanks. I've updated the URL in the report, but if you'd like to add specifics to
the report, please let me know what you'd like to add.

> I don't know if it would make sense to either include some numbers (such
> as number of commits, committers, etc for the period) or charts (those
> could be screenshots of the charts in the report, linking to the report,
> or we could build some JPEG figures if that suits better. It all depends
> on the level of detail you consider reasonable.

As a board member, I'd say that the level of detail we consider reasonable could include high-level
numbers like number of commits, committers, mailing list messages, and so on, particularly
when, as for an incubating project, they represent our growth in diversity, and project activity.
I think that the link to the report, containing the images, is sufficient and including links
to individual graphs is probably overkill, particularly when our incubation report is one
of dozens within the incubator board report, which is in turn one of dozens of reports in
the overall board report.

--
Rich Bowen
rbowen@rcbowen.com :: @rbowen