From "Jesus M. Gonzalez-Barahona" <...@bitergia.com>
Subject Re: Incubator PMC/Board report for Dec 2012 ([ppmc])
Date Wed, 12 Dec 2012 18:30:45 GMT
On Wed, 2012-12-12 at 12:36 -0500, Rich Bowen wrote:
> On Dec 12, 2012, at 12:20 PM, Jesus M. Gonzalez-Barahona wrote:
>
> >> Thanks. I've updated the URL in the report, but if you'd like to add specifics
to the report, please let me know what you'd like to add.

> > I don't know if it would make sense to either include some numbers (such
> > as number of commits, committers, etc for the period) or charts (those
> > could be screenshots of the charts in the report, linking to the report,
> > or we could build some JPEG figures if that suits better. It all depends
> > on the level of detail you consider reasonable.
>
> As a board member, I'd say that the level of detail we consider
> reasonable could include high-level numbers like number of commits,
> committers, mailing list messages, and so on, particularly when, as
> for an incubating project, they represent our growth in diversity, and
> project activity. I think that the link to the report, containing the
> images, is sufficient and including links to individual graphs is
> probably overkill, particularly when our incubation report is one of
> dozens within the incubator board report, which is in turn one of
> dozens of reports in the overall board report.

Thanks for the feedback. We can certainly provide a table with numbers,
such as absolute number of committers, ticket closers, etc. and
increment for the last month and three months, for example. I'm not sure
we can do this for this report, but we'll try.

Saludos,

	Jesus.