From Dave Brondsema <d...@brondsema.net>
Subject Re: Name appropriateness search
Date Tue, 18 Sep 2012 13:24:05 GMT
There are some JIRA tickets that other podlings have used, that seem to follow a
template.  They seem to be mostly web, patent, trademark, etc searches.  I don't
know if we have to use a PODLINGNAMESEARCH ticket, but it seems like a good
precedent.  Examples:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&jqlQuery=project+%3D+PODLINGNAMESEARCH+AND+status+%3D+Closed+ORDER+BY+priority+DESC

-Dave

On 9/18/12 9:13 AM, Rich Bowen wrote:
> These are patents that contain 'Allura'
>
> http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Parser?Sect1=PTO2&Sect2=HITOFF&p=1&u=%2Fnetahtml%2FPTO%2Fsearch-bool.html&r=0&f=S&l=50&TERM1=Allura&FIELD1=&co1=AND&TERM2=&FIELD2=&d=PTXT
>
> It appears that Allura is the name of a color of red, so it shows up a lot for that.
>
> I found 43 trademarks on 'Allura' - http://tess2.uspto.gov/bin/showfield?f=toc&state=4006%3A28k5tu.1.1&p_search=searchss&p_L=50&BackReference=&p_plural=yes&p_s_PARA1=&p_tagrepl~%3A=PARA1%24LD&expr=PARA1+AND+PARA2&p_s_PARA2=Allura&p_tagrepl~%3A=PARA2%24COMB&p_op_ALL=AND&a_default=search&a_search=Submit+Query&a_search=Submit+Query
- and I'm working through them.

--
Dave Brondsema : dave@brondsema.net
http://www.brondsema.net : personal