From Wayne Witzel III <wwitz...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Proposal for new features
Date Mon, 06 Aug 2012 07:46:39 GMT
Hi Stefano, welcome to the list.

On Monday, August 6, 2012 at 12:28 AM, Stefano Invernizzi wrote:

> 1. Implement a mechanism to gather and show data about each user’s
> contribution in all the projects to which he/she takes part. This data will
> consist of several metrics and it will be shown in each user’s personal
> profile. Metrics will be numeric evaluations of the amount and quality of
> participation.

There is the activity stream feature, this will accomplish exactly what you have described.
You can find the code for this feature here: https://sourceforge.net/p/activitystream/code
> 2. Introduce the organization model into the Allura forge. This will
> allow each company or organization to register to the forge and to indicate
> which users are currently enrolled in the company itself, and it will allow
> to assess which companies are working on a single project hosted on the
> forge.

As you mention, Allura has neighborhoods, but honestly what you describe as an organization
is just a neighborhood with an activity stream configured for it. I personally wouldn't see
the need to introduce an entirely new concept of organization when neighborhood with an activity
stream is what you described an organization would be.
> 3. Extend the user profile with optional additional data, like personal
> contacts (e.g.: Skype address and social networks accounts), time-slot
> availability, geographic localization, a list of skills, … . We think that
> this will increase trust and foster cooperation among users.

 I couldn't agree more, the current user profile page is in a sad state. I know there has
been a lot of talking about re-designing it, working in the activity stream code mentioned
above and re-working just the general feel and flow of the user profile page. With that said,
I think incorporating social contacts, availability time-slots (for need help / offering help),
and a nice clear outline of skills is a great idea.

Thanks,

Wayne