From Dave Brondsema <d...@brondsema.net>
Subject Licensing of contributions
Date Wed, 15 Aug 2012 15:41:45 GMT
I would like to merge
https://sourceforge.net/p/allura/git/merge-requests/6/ a contribution
from Hendrik Brummermann, but am not sure how we should handle licensing.

I understand that other projects that take patches via JIRA have a
checkbox when the patch is attached.  "Grant license to ASF for
inclusion in ASF works (as per the Apache License ยง5)"

Should we just capture the same approval on the Allura merge request or
ticket?  For now it'd have to be a regular comment, but we could make it
a special field eventually.

In the past, our few contributors have signified that they have rights
to the code and that they wish to share it under the terms of the Apache
License Version 2.0 by using "git commit --signoff"  This has been a bit
of a pain since sometimes we'd have to ask folks to redo their commits
with the sign-off.  Also IMO the sign-off doesn't clearly denote its
meaning.

--
Dave Brondsema : dave@brondsema.net
http://www.brondsema.net : personal