incubator-airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Sumedha Kodithuwakku <sumedhasanje...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: NoSQL implementation for Airavata Registry
Date Tue, 03 Apr 2012 18:04:10 GMT
Hi Lahiru,

Thanks for your suggestions. I'm currently working on the proposal and I'll
update the thread as soon as I have finished.

I have few things to clarify regarding your reply.

On Mon, Apr 2, 2012 at 11:12 PM, Lahiru Gunathilake <glahiru@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi Sumedha,
>
> Mainly you need to provide a project description of your own explaining
> what does this project and how does it will help the overall project, how
> does it will be useful for Airavata usecases..Please find the detail
> project requirements.. in your project proposal you need to mention how are
> you doing to address following project requirements.
>
> 1. First you need to change the Airavata code base to enable plugging any
> kind of a registry implementation, so that you can use your NoSQL
> implementation plugged in to Airavata and keep developing that. This step
> should also fix the XBaya to work out of the box with any kind of Registry
> implementation ...

As for the details
here[1<http://incubator.apache.org/airavata/architecture/registry.html>],
JCR Specification and JSR-170 implementation is plugged in to Airavata,
allowing it to use any kind of registry implementation which is compliant
with the Specification. Therefore as I understood the NoSQL based registry
implementation should be made compliant with the specification and
therefore it can be plugged with Airavata without changing its code base.
Therefore is it required to implement the above requirement..?

2. Then you need to implement the AiravataRegistry interface (We have one
> implementation which is AiravataJCRRegistry) with NoSQL support underneath.
> Right now we only support only JCR implementation ...Enabling XBaya to use
> any kind of Registry implementation would be tricky because configuration
> data could be different, if you successfully finish the NoSQL support we
> would like you to add the NoSQL access suport to XBaya UI so that we can
> easily test the implementation without writing client code.

So as I understood, in the NoSQL case, I have to develop the registry with
the use of a NoSQL solution first which replaces the Jackrabbit based
implementation. Then I have to implement the AiravataRegistry interface,
with the NoSQL support, which can access the above implemeted registry.
Therefore other components can access the registry via that implementation
of AiravataRegistry interface. Am I right here..?

[1] http://incubator.apache.org/airavata/architecture/registry.html

Thanks.

 3. Finally when project finish Airavata should work out of the box when we