incubator-airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Suresh Marru <sma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Board report dueFwd: Questions for projects
Date Tue, 31 Jan 2012 12:10:41 GMT

On Jan 31, 2012, at 4:01 AM, Ross Gardler wrote:

> On 31 January 2012 05:34, Mattmann, Chris A (388J)
> <chris.a.mattmann@jpl.nasa.gov> wrote:
>> Hi Everyone,
>>
>> I've drafted a report. Please contribute to the report and add in anything
>> that you think I've missed.
>>
>> http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/February2012
>
> Thanks Chris...
>
> I'm concerned that a mentor is writing the report. It should be the
> podling members themselves (with mentor guidance) - nevertheless -
> thank you Chris.

Hi Chris, thank you very much for writing the report.

Hi Ross,

I am sorry for not acting instantly on the report, I was about to write it this morning but
since three mentors signed off, I am hesitant to change it and more over Chris's  draft and
your corrections seems to be very apt.

We delayed the releases getting the artifacts right and making sure all the pom's (for simplicity
code is divided into many modules) are nicely synced up. If the current voting release goes
through, it validates all the process and we immediately have next release lined up (we made
the current release voting from a branch while trunk moved on). We will make subsequent release
plan and address number 3.

We agree with the barrier being high and we will focus on the JIRA and documentation which
will address both 1 & 2.

Thanks Again Chris, Ate, & Ross for signing of the report,
Suresh