From Aleksander Slominski <as...@cs.indiana.edu>
Subject Re: how to invoke a webservice without parameter input and output
Date Sun, 12 Feb 2006 17:51:57 GMT
tnguyen@symcor.com wrote:

>I would like to invoke a webservice with no input parameter and no output
>parameter.
>
><invoke ... inputVariable="?" outputVariable="?" />  can I invoke a
>webservice without inputVariable or outVariable ?

hi,

presence of inputVar/outputVar is deciding about type of invocation not
just what is sent i.e. it can be one-way (no response only inputVar) or
RPC (request-response)

if you want to invoke a webservice that has no parameters you still need
to send *empty* message as a variable (and receive empty message if it
was RPC) and that should be described in your WSDL (exact details of
WSDL will depend on what binding you use: doc-literal, rpc-literal,
rpc-encoded ...)

HTH,

alek