From Matthieu Riou <matthieu.r...@gmail.com>
Date Wed, 02 Nov 2005 14:24:44 GMT
Hi Niko,

This is quite normal as most of the engine processing and the invocation
itself generally occurs asynchronously. Agila BPEL only tells you if the
message has been accepted properly but can't force the calling thread to
wait until another web service has been invoked, that just wouldn't make
sense in the great majority of situations.

However if you want a given execution to be totally synchronous when
invoking the engine, you'll have to use a receive / reply sequence (and use
an outputVariable for the invokes in between for which you'll use the result
in your reply).

For example:

<sequence>
<receive partner="client" .../>
<invoke partner="quoteProvider" ... outputVariable="quotes" ... />
<reply partner="client" ... variable="quotes" ... />
</sequence>

Hope this helps. Cheers,

Matthieu Riou.

On 11/2/05, Niko.Juncker@ibsbe.be <Niko.Juncker@ibsbe.be> wrote:

> Hi,
> I've spend some time experimenting with twister and there is one thing
> that i don't understand.
> When i try to run a process who invokes another webservice (like example 3
> from the distribution), i get
as return value form