From Niko.Junc...@ibsbe.be
Date Wed, 02 Nov 2005 15:13:22 GMT
Thanks for the replies.

I have now another (stupid, i know, i'm quite new to bpel) question. How
does the client retrieve the quote value from twister?

Thanks in advance,

Niko

Aleksander Slominski <aslom@cs.indiana.edu>
02/11/2005 15:46
Please respond to
agila-user@incubator.apache.org

agila-user@incubator.apache.org
cc

Subject

Matthieu Riou wrote:

>Hi Niko,
>
>This is quite normal as most of the engine processing and the invocation
>itself generally occurs asynchronously. Agila BPEL only tells you if the
>message has been accepted properly but can't force the calling thread to
>wait until another web service has been invoked, that just wouldn't make
>sense in the great majority of situations.

i think the standard (?!) way to do it with WS-Addressing / HTTP is to
return  HTTP 202 status code and no HTTP body?

best,

alek

>However if you want a given execution to be totally synchronous when
>invoking the engine, you'll have to use a receive / reply sequence (and
use
>an outputVariable for the invokes in between for which you'll use the
result
>in your reply).
>
>For example:
>
><sequence>
><receive partner="client" .../>
><invoke partner="quoteProvider" ... outputVariable="quotes" ... />
><reply partner="client" ... variable="quotes" ... />
></sequence>
>
>Hope this helps. Cheers,
>
>Matthieu Riou.
>
>On 11/2/05, Niko.Juncker@ibsbe.be <Niko.Juncker@ibsbe.be> wrote:
>

>>Hi,
>>I've spend some time experimenting with twister and there is one thing
>>that i don't understand.
>>When i try to run a process who invokes another webservice (like example
3
>>from the distribution), i get
as return value
form