Jochen
Von: Arnaud Mergey [ mailto:arnaud.mergey@oracle.com]
Hi,

retroweaver works with trinidad, but you need to put this class in your classpath

From: Böhringer Jochen <Jochen.Boehringer@tcc-products.de>

Hello,

I am doing some research for a new project. It is a web application whose user
interface should be programmed using JSF. The application server we are running
in the target environment is WebSphere Application Server 5.1.
Unfortunately the latest JDK supported by this WebSphere version is 1.4.2 :-(

The installation instructions of Trinidad do note Java 5 as a dependency.
So is this a showstopper for Trinidad in this project? Perhaps the only 1.5
features used are generics and these can also be interpreted by a 1.4 jdk on
bytecodelevel...

I have used Trinidad in other projects and would really like to use it again...

So my question in one sentence: Is it possible to run Trinidad on a 1.4 JDK with
small amount of adaptation or should I stop thinking about it immediately?

Maybe retroweaver would work?

http://retroweaver.sourceforge.net/overview.html Best regards, Jochen Gary

--

Oracle Email Signature Logo