From "Andy Birchall" <andy.birch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Installing Maven Trinidad Archetype
Date Tue, 24 Apr 2007 17:46:32 GMT
Ah ok thanks for the link.
I did the same as you and the plugins and trinidad built and installed
ok, with no errors.
However when I run the archetype:create I get this error from Maven:

[INFO] Starting Jakarta Velocity v1.4
[INFO] RuntimeInstance initializing.
[INFO] Default Properties File:
org\apache\velocity\runtime\defaults\velocity.properties
[INFO] Default ResourceManager initializing. (class
org.apache.velocity.runtime.resource.R
esourceManagerImpl)
[INFO] Resource Loader Instantiated:
org.codehaus.plexus.velocity.ContextClassLoaderResour
ceLoader
[INFO] ClasspathResourceLoader : initialization starting.
[INFO] ClasspathResourceLoader : initialization complete.
[INFO] ResourceCache : initialized. (class
org.apache.velocity.runtime.resource.ResourceCa
cheImpl)
[INFO] Default ResourceManager initialization complete.
[INFO] Loaded System Directive: org.apache.velocity.runtime.directive.Literal
[INFO] Loaded System Directive: org.apache.velocity.runtime.directive.Macro
[INFO] Loaded System Directive: org.apache.velocity.runtime.directive.Parse
[INFO] Loaded System Directive: org.apache.velocity.runtime.directive.Include
[INFO] Loaded System Directive: org.apache.velocity.runtime.directive.Foreach
[INFO] Created: 20 parsers.
[INFO] Velocimacro : initialization starting.
[INFO] Velocimacro : adding VMs from VM library template : VM_global_library.vm
[ERROR] ResourceManager : unable to find resource
'VM_global_library.vm' in any resource l
oader.
[INFO] Velocimacro : error using  VM library template
VM_global_library.vm : org.apache.ve
locity.exception.ResourceNotFoundException: Unable to find resource
'VM_global_library.vm'

[INFO] Velocimacro :  VM library template macro registration complete.
[INFO] Velocimacro : allowInline = true : VMs can be defined inline in templates
[INFO] Velocimacro : allowInlineToOverride = false : VMs defined
inline may NOT replace pr
evious VM definitions
[INFO] Velocimacro : allowInlineLocal = false : VMs defined inline
will be  global in scop
e if allowed.
[INFO] Velocimacro : initialization complete.
[INFO] Velocity successfully started.
[INFO] [archetype:create]
[INFO] Defaulting package to group ID: uk.org.aqa
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.

GroupId: org.apache.myfaces.trinidadbuild
ArtifactId: myfaces-archetype-trinidad
Version: 1.0.1-incubating-SNAPSHOT

> the svn folder for trinidad is currently named ADFFACES, because, when
> coming to Apache that was the name of the product.
>
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/incubator/adffaces/trunk/
>
> that contains plugins and trinidad (meaning the core, the jsf components)
>
> -M
>
> On 4/24/07, Andy Birchall <andy.birchall@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi Matthias,
> > I'm sorry you're going to have to be a bit more specific - this isn't
> > very clear to me:
> >
> > > -checkout of "adffaces" folder
> > > cd plugin
> >
> > what do you mean by the "adffdaces" folder? Where is the link?
> > Can you be a bit more expicit?
> > Thanks a lot
> > Andy
> >
> > On 4/21/07, Matthias Wessendorf <matzew@apache.org> wrote:
> > > Hey Andy,
> > >
> > > I was updating a minor thing inside the archetype; nothing related to
> > > your issue.
> > > In oder to get the archetype working I did this:
> > > -checkout of "adffaces" folder
> > > cd plugin
> > > mvn clean install
> > > cd ../trinidad
> > > mvn clean install
> > >
> > > ...go somewhere, where you'd like to have your projects...
> > >
> > > mvn archetype:create
> > >  -DarchetypeGroupId=org.apache.myfaces.trinidadbuild
> > >  -DarchetypeArtifactId=myfaces-archetype-trinidad
> > >  -DarchetypeVersion=1.0.1-incubating-SNAPSHOT
> > >  -DgroupId=com.apachecon.amsterdam.workshop
> > >  -DartifactId=trinidad
> > >
> > > that generates a project skeleton. Now,
> > > mvn -PjettyConfig clean jetty:run
> > >
> > > the jetty container comes up and servers your page
> > >
> > > http://localhost:8080/trinidad/faces/index.jspx
> > >
> > > Does that solve your issues ?
> > >
> > > Greetings,
> > > Matthias

However, I don't see why

the Trinidad Archetype to my Maven 2
success.
on here:

source and typed 'mvn install' in the

error:

install
artifact.

the artifact from any repository

repositories:

Cannot find

for the Trinidad artifact in the central
can't find it.
repository for it to look in to download?
obvious but can't seem to find a
this.