From "Andy Birchall" <andy.birch...@gmail.com>
Subject Installing Maven Trinidad Archetype
Date Fri, 13 Apr 2007 13:15:11 GMT
Hello,
I've been trying to install the Trinidad Archetype to my Maven 2
installation but without success.
I have followed the instructions on here:
http://wiki.apache.org/myfaces/Trinidad_Archetype

i.e. I have checked out the source and typed 'mvn install' in the
trinidad-archetype directory

But this results in this error:

C:\Temp\trinidad-archetype>mvn install
[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[ERROR] FATAL ERROR
[INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.

GroupId: org.apache.myfaces.trinidadbuild
ArtifactId: maven-plugin-parent
Version: 1.0.1-incubating-SNAPSHOT

org.apache.myfaces.trinidadbuild:maven-plugin-parent:pom:1.0.1-incubating-SNAPSHOT

from the specified remote repositories:
  central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2)

[INFO] Trace
org.apache.maven.reactor.MavenExecutionException: Cannot find parent:
org.apache.myfaces.trinidadbuild:maven-plugin-parent for project:
org.apache.myfaces.trinidadbuild:myfaces-arc
hetype-trinidad:maven-plugin:1.0.1-incubating-SNAPSHOT

So it seems it is looking for the Trinidad artifact in the central
maven repository but obviously can't find it.
Do I have to set another repository for it to look in to download?
I'm probably missing something obvious but can't seem to find a solution.
Sorry, I'm pretty new to this.
Thanks
Andy