From "Chris Gibbons" <cgibb...@solutionstream.com>
Subject RE: PPR and request scoping
Date Thu, 05 Apr 2007 19:41:47 GMT
You can put any values that you want to maintain in the pageFlowScope
and in your getter for that value, check to see if it exists in
pageFlowScope first, and if it does, return that value rather than the
initialized value when the bean is created.

Chris

-----Original Message-----
From: Daniel Hannum [mailto:dhannum@quovadx.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 05, 2007 1:43 PM
To: adffaces-user@incubator.apache.org
Subject: PPR and request scoping

Hi,

It would appear that if an autoSubmit/PPR happens on a page, any
request-scoped backing beans are recreated. I guess that makes sense...
the extra submit is an extra request.

First, am I correct? Second, does that mean that every bean backing a
page that uses autoSubmit (I use it a lot) needs to be session scope?
That brings its own problems. Perhaps there is another option? I even
saw Oracle documentation saying that "page backing beans are usually
request scope", but alas, they cannot be!

Any help is appreciated.

Dan