From "Chris Gibbons" <cgibb...@solutionstream.com>
Subject RE: PPR Event Triggering Entire Page Refresh
Date Wed, 04 Apr 2007 13:41:00 GMT
Fairly certain, yes, I have numerous pages that use PPR and they work
fine, my problem is with the panelRadio and the other similar
components.  Here is my page that is causing the issue.  The
"memberMain.xhtml" template basically just has a tr:document in it and a
tr:form and a tr:messages component.  Like I said other pages that have
PPR enabled components work fine and don't trigger validations on non
PPR components, but panelRadio and all similar components do.   I'm
fairly certain it is a bug, but want to make sure I'm doing it right
before I investigate where in the code the bug is happening.

Chris

<ui:composition template="memberMain.xhtml"
	xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"
	xmlns:ui="http://java.sun.com/jsf/facelets"
	xmlns:f="http://java.sun.com/jsf/core"
	xmlns:c="http://java.sun.com/jstl/core"
	xmlns:h="http://java.sun.com/jsf/html"
	xmlns:tr="http://myfaces.apache.org/trinidad">

	<f:loadBundle id="bundle" var="text"
basename="#{baseBean.bundleName}" />

	<ui:define name="title">
			#{text.submitResumePage_title}
		</ui:define>

	<ui:define name="memberBody">

		#{submitResumeBean.jobListing.tagLine}
value="#{submitResumeBean.resumeTitle}"
			label="#{text.resume_title}" required="true"
requiredMessageDetail="#{text.resume_title_required}"/>
value="#{submitResumeBean.emailAddress}"
			label="#{text.email_address}" required="true"
requiredMessageDetail="#{text.resume_email_required}"
			binding="#{submitResumeBean.emailField}"  />
value="#{submitResumeBean.confirmEmailAddress}"
			label="#{text.confirm_email_address}"
			validator="#{submitResumeBean.emailValidator}">
pattern="^.+@[^\.].*\.[a-z]{2,}$"

messageDetailNoMatch="#{text.invalid_email}" />

label="#{text.sumbit_method}"

binding="#{submitResumeBean.radioComponent}">
text="#{text.uploaded_resume}">

label="#{text.resume_file}"

value="#{submitResumeBean.file}"

validator="#{submitResumeBean.fileExtensionValidator}" />
value="#{text.resume_upload_warning}" />
text="#{text.pasted_resume}">

value="#{submitResumeBean.pastedResume}"

label="#{text.paste_resume}" rows="40" columns="80" />

			<button id="button" jsfc="tr:commandButton"
				text="#{text.submit_resume}"
action="#{submitResumeBean.submit}" />
	</ui:define>
</ui:composition>