From "Bertrand, Shawn R" <shawn.bertr...@tycoelectronics.com>
Subject RE: Collapsed icon in tree shows as square in IE
Date Fri, 13 Apr 2007 10:13:52 GMT
Thanks for the feedback Ritchie and Daniel.  I did notice the varied
rendering of these default expanded and collapsed icons on different
machines.  We currently use Tahoma as our default font family, which is
supposed to cover a wide range of languages.

In any case, I think I'll try the icon override route.

Shawn

-----Original Message-----
From: Daniel Hannum [mailto:dhannum@quovadx.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 12, 2007 9:46 AM
To: adffaces-user@incubator.apache.org
Subject: RE: Collapsed icon in tree shows as square in IE

I looked into this as well. For me, it was caused by fonts. The 'icons'
are just Unicode characters, and for some fonts I'd got those squares in
IE. IIRC, Verdana didn't work but Arial did.

You should also be able to get around it by customizing the icons with
actual images, but I never got that to work.