From "D. Cardon" <my_trash_m...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [Trinidad] about usage of SelectManyShuttle/SelectOrderShuttle
Date Mon, 16 Apr 2007 19:40:37 GMT
Renzo,

I'm not too sure about how the filter works (I haven't
used it), but it appears that the two footer facets
are  there for layout.  You are correct that you could
place buttons below the shuttle and wire them to the
proxy, but the layout of the buttons would not
correspond directly to the two shuttle lists.  As a
guess, I figure the filter facet allows you a space to
alter the list contents from the client side--I.e.,
its scripting will run before the shuttle is rendered.
 Still, this is just a guess, so I'm not sure how
helpful it is.

--David

--- Renzo Tomaselli <renzo.tomaselli@tecnotp.it>
wrote:

---------------------------------
  Thanks Mr. D. (whatever it means :-) ), great
explanation, now it looks simple to use.
It would have been hard to derive it from provided
docs.
Now the missing parts are the usage of filter and
footer facets. Theformer "places a filter above the
list in the leading container",whatever this means
(sounds a bit recursive).
The latter - well I don't understand why that
component should provideme with space for a button
"below each of the lists". Doing what ? Ican place
anything below those lists (as trailing component),
and stillwire it to the ShuttleProxy js methods for
cross-operations.

-- Renzo

D. Cardon wrote:
Renzo,Sorry about that last post--I accidentally sent
itbefore I was done...Anyway, let me send the real
message:In order to populate the list of selectable
items fromyour backing bean, you can
use:<f:selectItems value="#{backingBean.shuttleItems}
/>The backingBean object should have a
'getShuttleItems'accessor, which returns a:
SelectItem[].  Each selectitem may be an object-label
pair, so there's where youstore your object reference.
 The value of the shuttlecomponent is an array of the
objects (those whichappear in the object label pairs)
that are currentlyselected (on the right side of the
shuttle).For example, suppose the component on the
page lookslike this:<tr:selectManyShuttle
value="#{backingBean.selectedShuttleItems}">
<f:selectItems 	value="#{backingBean.shuttleItems}"
/></tr:selectManyShuttle>...and our backing bean looks
like this:(BackingBean.java)...////  The list of
selected items that should appear in//  the shuttle
component.//Gizmo [] itemList = null;////  Returns the
current selected objects.//Gizmo []
getSelectedShuttleItems(){}//////...public
SelectItem[] getShuttleItems(){   SelectItem[]
shuttleItems = new SelectItem[ 3 ];   shuttleItems[ 0
] = new SelectItem( }If you bind the shuttle component
to a variable in thebacking bean, that component's
value will be an arrayof objects.  For example, if
getShuttleItems returnsan array of SelectItems, each
Renzo,It's possible to achieve all of the behavior
that youdescribe without resorting to JavaScript.

In order to populate the list of selectable items

from

your backing bean, you can use:

<f:selectItems value="#{backingBean.shuttleItems} />

The backingBean object should have a

'getShuttleItems'

accessor, which returns a: SelectItem[].  Each

select

item may be an object-label pair, so there's where

you

store your object reference.  For
example:(BackingBean.java)...//////Gizmo...public
SelectItem[] getShuttleItems(){   SelectItem[]
shuttleItems = new SelectItem[ 3 ];   shuttleItems[ 0
] = new SelectItem( }If you bind the shuttle component
to a variable in

the

backing bean, that component's value will be an

array

of objects.  For example, if getShuttleItems returnsan
array of SelectItems, each

Hi, I'm about to use these components, and I'm a

bit

confused about their documentation.Included demos
provide list contents throughtr:selectItem children.
At the same time, I noticed that contents can be

get/set

through the "value" attribute.Can anybody enlight such
usage ? Is there any

other

public demo/example around ?I also noticed that
provided documentation refers

the chance of using generic objects as list elements.
This would be >

very

useful to append further properties to list elements,
to be managed

by

footer widgets using provided js hooks on current
selection. But

the

overall subject is somewhat obscure.Furthermore, I
noticed that lists are always

provided

on the left container only, where used has to move
elementsrightwards. But I think that common usage
would start having some elementsalready on the right
list (update mode). Is there any way to achive

this

initial setup - or do I need to preprocess by means of
js and a

hidden

"init" list?Thanks -- Renzo