From "Mike Kienenberger" <mkien...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Keeping state without session
Date Thu, 12 Apr 2007 15:36:20 GMT
Another possiblity is using Tomahawk's t:saveState component (or
creating your own).

It makes a request-scoped bean into a page-scope-plus bean.  It does
this by saving the state of the target into the component tree (either
using Serializable or SaveState interfaces).   Whenever the tag
appears on a page, the object will be restored when the page is
restored and saved when the page is rendered.   Thus it's ideal for
page scope (add t:saveState component with a unique id) or
page-plus-scope (add the component to multiple pages with the same
id).

If you don't want all of tomahawk, it should be easy to pull this tag
out by itself since it has no renderer and no dependencies.  If you're
using jsp, you'd probably need to copy the tld, the jsp tag handler
class, the component class, and the faces-config.xml entry.   If
you're using facelets, you can copy the component class, the
faces-config.xml entry, and create a taglib.xml entry.

http://myfaces.apache.org/tomahawk/uiSaveState.html
http://wiki.apache.org/myfaces/SaveState