From "Daniel Hannum" <dhan...@quovadx.com>
Subject Limits of file upload
Date Thu, 12 Apr 2007 20:58:41 GMT
I have an application where we upload rather large (ok, VERY large)
files via a file upload component. I know that I can control the size
through the UPLOAD_MAX_DISK_SPACE conf parameter.

My question is are there any practical limits to this component. Our old
application allowed up to 150 megs in an upload. They would like to up
that. Speed and disk space are not an issue. I know that at some point
I'd worry about the filesystem limits on file size and it's also
possible that the app may timeout during the upload in extreme cases.

Has anyone tried these kinds of extreme cases? Should I stick with 150MB
or do you think I could try 1GB. More than 1GB is certainly pushing it,
I think.

I realize that FTP is probably a better medium for this. That's probably
the future, but in the short term, we have big files that need to get
here somehow. Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks

Dan