From "Daniel Hannum" <dhan...@quovadx.com>
Subject RE: Renderkit troubles
Date Tue, 10 Apr 2007 17:48:08 GMT
Nobody has any idea what I'm doing wrong? Is there any other information
that would be useful?

-----Original Message-----
From: Daniel Hannum [mailto:dhannum@quovadx.com]
Sent: Monday, April 09, 2007 9:27 AM
To: adffaces-user@incubator.apache.org
Subject: RE: Renderkit troubles

Still no luck. In the demo
(trinidad\trinidad-demo\src\main\webapp\WEB-INF), it uses
"org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.core" in faces-config.xml and
"org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.desktop" in Trinidad-skins.xml.

I've tried both in both places. I've also moved trinidad-skins.xml to
another directory in an attempt to isolate which renderkit definition is
wrong. I still get it when trinidad-skins.xml is not in WEB-INF, so I
guess it's faces-config that is wrong. I've tried both renderkits and I
get the same error (not in deploy, but when the page is first accessed):

WARN  [RenderKitFactoryImpl] Unknown RenderKit
'org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.desktop'.

OR

WARN  [RenderKitFactoryImpl] Unknown RenderKit
'org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.core.desktop'.

The stack trace is the same in both cases:

09:19:25,430 ERROR [[Faces Servlet]] Servlet.service() for servlet Faces
Servlet threw exception

java.lang.NullPointerException

      at
org.apache.myfaces.application.jsp.JspStateManagerImpl.restoreTreeStruct
ure(JspStateManagerImpl.java:240)

      at
org.apache.myfaces.application.jsp.JspStateManagerImpl.restoreView(JspSt
ateManagerImpl.java:283)

      at
org.apache.myfaces.application.jsp.JspViewHandlerImpl.restoreView(JspVie
wHandlerImpl.java:255)

      at
org.apache.myfaces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.restoreView(LifecycleImpl.jav
a:141)

      at
org.apache.myfaces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.execute(LifecycleImpl.java:66
)

      at javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet.service(FacesServlet.java:137)

      at
tionFilterChain.java:252)

      at
erChain.java:173)

      at
oracle.adfinternal.view.faces.webapp.AdfFacesFilterImpl._invokeDoFilter(
AdfFacesFilterImpl.java:367)

      at
oracle.adfinternal.view.faces.webapp.AdfFacesFilterImpl._doFilterImpl(Ad
fFacesFilterImpl.java:336)

      at
oracle.adfinternal.view.faces.webapp.AdfFacesFilterImpl.doFilter(AdfFace
sFilterImpl.java:196)

      at
oracle.adf.view.faces.webapp.AdfFacesFilter.doFilter(AdfFacesFilter.java
:87)

      at
tionFilterChain.java:202)

      at
erChain.java:173)

      at
org.apache.myfaces.webapp.filter.ExtensionsFilter.doFilter(ExtensionsFil
ter.java:144)

      at
tionFilterChain.java:202)

      at
erChain.java:173)

      at
org.jboss.web.tomcat.filters.ReplyHeaderFilter.doFilter(ReplyHeaderFilte
r.java:81)

      at
tionFilterChain.java:202)

      at
erChain.java:173)

      at
e.java:213)

      at
e.java:178)

      at
org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.CustomPrincipalValve.invoke(CustomPrincipa
lValve.java:39)

      at
org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.SecurityAssociationValve.invoke(SecurityAs
sociationValve.java:159)

      at
org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.JaccContextValve.invoke(JaccContextValve.j
ava:59)

      at
:126)

      at
:105)

      at
java:107)

      at
org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:1
48)

      at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:85
6)

      at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processC
onnection(Http11Protocol.java:744)

      at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint
.java:527)

      at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.MasterSlaveWorkerThread.run(MasterSlaveWorker
Thread.java:112)

      at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

Any ideas? This is quite frustrating. As far as I know, I'm doing the
same as the demos.

Thanks.