From "Daniel Hannum" <dhan...@quovadx.com>
Subject PPR and request scoping
Date Thu, 05 Apr 2007 19:42:31 GMT
Hi,

It would appear that if an autoSubmit/PPR happens on a page, any
request-scoped backing beans are recreated. I guess that makes sense...
the extra submit is an extra request.

First, am I correct? Second, does that mean that every bean backing a
page that uses autoSubmit (I use it a lot) needs to be session scope?
That brings its own problems. Perhaps there is another option? I even
saw Oracle documentation saying that "page backing beans are usually
request scope", but alas, they cannot be!

Any help is appreciated.

Dan