From "William Hoover" <whoo...@nemours.org>
Subject RE: Dynamic Navigation
Date Wed, 04 Apr 2007 11:17:13 GMT
Justin,

I know this will not work for the google link, but in your previous message (and Jira issue)
you attempt to set an internal url. If the url has a navigation rule you can use:

FacesContext.getCurrentInstance().getApplication().getNavigationHandler().handleNavigation(FacesContext.getCurrentInstance(),
currentActionMethod, redirectActionMethod);

-----Original Message-----
From: Justin Mckay [mailto:justin.mckay@famis.com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 03, 2007 5:04 PM
To: adffaces-user@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Dynamic Navigation

Well I tried to just go the external context route and low and behold, I get
the same behavior.

//Redirect Option

HttpServletResponse response =
(HttpServletResponse)context.getExternalContext().getResponse();
response.sendRedirect("http://www.google.com");

//Dispatch Option

context.getExternalContext().dispatch("http://www.google.com");

So I opened up an issue on JIRA as this is a bit of a show stopper for us L

http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ADFFACES-434

Justin McKay

Java Developer

FAMIS Software, Inc.