From "Edmond B. Mulemangabo" <edmond.mulemang...@uclouvain.be>
Subject Re: how do I refresh a table component after selecting and deleting one or more rows ?
Date Fri, 20 Apr 2007 17:55:55 GMT
Mike Kienenberger wrote:
> When you delete the row, you would also update the dataTable's backing
> list.   It won't matter what the scope of the list is.

Thank you Mike.

I did update the dataTable's backing list as well as the underlying
database; I was able to monitor the delete operation using a debugger.
Still the page isn't refreshed unless I reload it completely using a
navigation rule that forces the page to reload. My application is built
in such way that forcing the page to reload completely using a
navigation rule would lead to some valuable data getting lost; I'd like
to keep the page as is and just refresh the table component to make it
reflect the actual state after deleting rows.
Note : the dataTable's backing bean is session scoped.

--
Edmond/