From Renzo Tomaselli <renzo.tomase...@tecnotp.it>
Subject [Trinidad] tr:table cannot change columns between request and response
Date Thu, 19 Apr 2007 08:35:06 GMT
Hi all, I'using tr:table successfully since several months, using
c:forEach (Facelets) to render all columns from a dynamic set.
Now I introduced a widget to allow users to select columns, so that
current table might be rendered with a different number/order of columns.
I was fairly surprised to get an IndexOutOfBound exception from Trinidad
(from StampState.restoreChildStampState, after
setRowIndex/postRowDataChange/_restoreStampState).
Basically it seems that the restored view model - built on say N columns
- is used at rendering time where columns where reduced to N - 1,
according to the new DataModel.
The exception is due to a column mismatch, since there are different
column children there.
Also I noticed that - when using the binding attribute to get/set the
table component - these methods are not called while rendering, if the
component has been previously restored. Thus I have no way to return a
null component, to force its creation according to a new DataModel.
Is there any workaround or is this a kind of fixed semantics which does
not allow to change columns ?
Is there any other way to force component re-creation after restore view
phase ?

Thanks -- Renzo