From Chris Hane <chrish...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Dialog / Seam
Date Sun, 15 Apr 2007 00:45:52 GMT
Ok - I got a little further but still getting the error message.  My test
was wrong that Bruno had me execute.  I corrected it and am now getting
objects returned from:

Application application = context.getApplication();
ValueBinding ve1 = application
                    .createValueBinding("#{dialogManager}");
Object obj1 = valueExpression.getValue(context);
AppUtils.LOG.fatal("got a dialoagManger 1["+obj1+"]");

This return the same object that
     org.jboss.seam.Component.getInstance("dialogManager");
returns.

I'm using Myfaces 1.1.5 / Seam 1.2.0path1.

Any thoughts on what else I should look at to trouble shoot?  It looks like
the somewhere, #{dialogManager.input} is being accessed; but the
implementation can not find it.

facelet snippet is:
                binding="#{dialogManager.input}"/>
                    action="#{dialogManager.doLaunch}"
                    partialSubmit="true" useWindow="true"
                    windowWidth="250" windowHeight="250"
                    returnListener="#{dialogManager.returned}"/>

  @Name("dialogManager")
  @Stateful
  public class DialogManager implements IDialogManager{

     public UIXInput getInput(){
        return _input;
     }

     public void setInput(UIXInput input){
        _input = input;
     }

     public String doLaunch(){
        RequestContext afContext = RequestContext.getCurrentInstance();
        Map<String, Object> process = afContext.getPageFlowScope();
        process.put("lastLaunch", new Date());

        return "dialog:chooseList";
     }

     public void returned(ReturnEvent event){
        if(event.getReturnValue() != null) {
           getInput().setSubmittedValue(null);
           getInput().setValue(event.getReturnValue());
        }
     }

     @Destroy
     @Remove
     public void destroy(){
     }

     private UIXInput _input;
  }

Also, I have created a small test app if anyone wants to download it and
see exactly what I am doing.

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=189858&package_id=228602&release_id=500974

This is an eclipse 3.1 project that is ready to go. Download the file,
create the project in eclipse, change the build-properties for your jboss
directory and then run the ant target "deploy".

Navigate to http://localhost:8080/testApp. The main page will be displayed,
click the button "Start dialog" and you will get the error in the jboss
server window that I list previously in the thread.

Thanks,
Chris....

The error message is still the same tough:

20:34:41,171 ERROR [ExceptionFilter] uncaught exception
javax.servlet.ServletException: /main.xhtml @18,62
binding="#{dialogManager.input}": Target Unreachable, identifier
'dialogManager' resolved to null
         at javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet.service(FacesServlet.java:152)
         at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:252)
         at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)
         at
org.apache.myfaces.trinidadinternal.webapp.TrinidadFilterImpl._invokeDoFilter(TrinidadFilterImpl.java:210)
         at
org.apache.myfaces.trinidadinternal.webapp.TrinidadFilterImpl._doFilterImpl(TrinidadFilterImpl.java:167)
         at
org.apache.myfaces.trinidadinternal.webapp.TrinidadFilterImpl.doFilter(TrinidadFilterImpl.java:140)
         at
org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.webapp.TrinidadFilter.doFilter(TrinidadFilter.java:93)
         at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:202)
         at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)
         at
org.jboss.seam.web.SeamFilter$FilterChainImpl.doFilter(SeamFilter.java:63)

javax.faces.el.PropertyNotFoundException: /main.xhtml @18,62
binding="#{dialogManager.input}": Target Unreachable, identifier
'dialogManager' resolved
  to null
         at
com.sun.facelets.el.LegacyValueBinding.isReadOnly(LegacyValueBinding.java:84)
         at
org.apache.myfaces.shared_impl.util.RestoreStateUtils.recursivelyHandleComponentReferencesAndSetValid(RestoreStateUtils.java:68)
         at
org.apache.myfaces.shared_impl.util.RestoreStateUtils.recursivelyHandleComponentReferencesAndSetValid(RestoreStateUtils.java:41)
         at
org.apache.myfaces.shared_impl.util.RestoreStateUtils.recursivelyHandleComponentReferencesAndSetValid(RestoreStateUtils.java:78)
[...]
org.apache.myfaces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.restoreView(LifecycleImpl.java:179)
         at
org.apache.myfaces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.execute(LifecycleImpl.java:66)
         at javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet.service(FacesServlet.java:137)