incubator-adffaces-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Bruno Grossi <bruno.gro...@powerlogic.com.br>
Subject Re: Dialog / Seam
Date Thu, 12 Apr 2007 12:01:08 GMT
Chris,

try to resolve your component and look if it's can be resolved:

        FacesContext context = FacesContext.getCurrentInstance();
        Application application = context.getApplication();
        ELContext elContext = context.getELContext();
        ValueExpression valueExpression = 
application.getExpressionFactory().createValueExpression(elContext, 
"#{dialogManaged}", Object.class);
       
        Object obj = valueExpression.getValue(elContext);


It looks as a seam's configuration error... I don't have problems with 
trinidad + seam like this..

Have you put seam.properties or components.xml in your jar containing 
the seam Component? It's necessary find the components.


Bruno E. Grossi


Chris Hane wrote:
> I'm trying to create a dialog and I'm using Seam.  I've pretty much used
> the sample information from the Trinidad documentation and am getting 
> an error.
> Is there something specific I should be looking for in order to debug 
> this one?
>
> facelet snippet is:
> <tr:inputText label="Pick a number:" value="(Empty)"
>               binding="#{dialogManager.input}"/>
> <tr:commandButton text="Add"
>                   action="#{dialogManager.doLaunch}"
>                   partialSubmit="true" useWindow="true"
>                   windowWidth="250" windowHeight="250"
>                   returnListener="#{dialogManager.returned}"/>   
>
> For the backing bean I am using Seam component with @Name and not
> faces-config.xml managed bean functionality.  My understanding is this
> should be the same thing.  But alas it must not be since I'm getting 
> an error:
>
> @Name("dialogManager")
> @Stateful
> public class DialogManager implements IDialogManager{
>
>    public UIXInput getInput(){
>       return _input;
>    }
>
>    public void setInput(UIXInput input){
>       _input = input;
>    }
>
>    public String doLaunch(){
>       RequestContext afContext = RequestContext.getCurrentInstance();
>       Map<String, Object> process = afContext.getPageFlowScope();
>       process.put("lastLaunch", new Date());
>
>       return "dialog:chooseList";
>    }
>
>    public void returned(ReturnEvent event){
>       if(event.getReturnValue() != null) {
>          getInput().setSubmittedValue(null);
>          getInput().setValue(event.getReturnValue());
>       }
>    }
>
>    @Destroy
>    @Remove
>    public void destroy(){
>    }
>
>    private UIXInput _input;
> }   
>
> It looks like the backing bean can not be found.  Is the variable 
> resolver
> not being used?  This is what Seam overrides to "find" components that it
> manages.  Any thoughts on what to look at next?
>
>
> Here is the exception:
>
> 2007-04-11 22:22:41,578 ERROR [org.jboss.seam.web.ExceptionFilter] 
> uncaught exception
> javax.servlet.ServletException: 
> /maintenance/broadcast/scheduled/scheduled.xhtml @62,58 
> binding="#{dialogManager.input}":
>   Target Unreachable, identifier 'dialogManager' resolved to null
>     at javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet.service(FacesServlet.java:152)
>     at 
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:252)

>
>     at 
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)

>
>     at 
> org.apache.myfaces.trinidadinternal.webapp.TrinidadFilterImpl._invokeDoFilter(TrinidadFilterImpl.java:210)

>
>     at 
> org.apache.myfaces.trinidadinternal.webapp.TrinidadFilterImpl._doFilterImpl(TrinidadFilterImpl.java:167)

>
>     at 
> org.apache.myfaces.trinidadinternal.webapp.TrinidadFilterImpl.doFilter(TrinidadFilterImpl.java:140)

>
>     at 
> org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.webapp.TrinidadFilter.doFilter(TrinidadFilter.java:93) 
>
>     at 
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:202)

>
>     at 
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)

>
>     at com.itsolut.servlet.LoggingFilter.doFilter(LoggingFilter.java:28)
>     at 
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:202)

>
>     at 
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)

>
>     at 
> org.jboss.seam.web.SeamFilter$FilterChainImpl.doFilter(SeamFilter.java:63) 
>
>     at org.jboss.seam.web.RedirectFilter.doFilter(RedirectFilter.java:45)
>     at 
> org.jboss.seam.web.SeamFilter$FilterChainImpl.doFilter(SeamFilter.java:49) 
>
>     at 
> org.jboss.seam.web.ExceptionFilter.doFilter(ExceptionFilter.java:57)
>     at 
> org.jboss.seam.web.SeamFilter$FilterChainImpl.doFilter(SeamFilter.java:49) 
>
>     at 
> org.jboss.seam.web.MultipartFilter.doFilter(MultipartFilter.java:79)
>     at 
> org.jboss.seam.web.SeamFilter$FilterChainImpl.doFilter(SeamFilter.java:49) 
>
>     at org.jboss.seam.web.SeamFilter.doFilter(SeamFilter.java:84)
>     at 
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:202)

>
>     at 
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)

>
>     at 
> org.jboss.web.tomcat.filters.ReplyHeaderFilter.doFilter(ReplyHeaderFilter.java:96) 
>
>     at 
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:202)

>
>     at 
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)

>
>     at 
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:213) 
>
>     at 
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:178) 
>
>     at 
> org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.SecurityAssociationValve.invoke(SecurityAssociationValve.java:175)

>
>     at 
> org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.JaccContextValve.invoke(JaccContextValve.java:74) 
>
>     at 
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:126) 
>
>     at 
> org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:105) 
>
>     at 
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:107) 
>
>     at 
> org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:148) 
>
>     at 
> org.apache.jk.server.JkCoyoteHandler.invoke(JkCoyoteHandler.java:199)
>     at 
> org.apache.jk.common.HandlerRequest.invoke(HandlerRequest.java:282)
>     at org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.invoke(ChannelSocket.java:754)
>     at 
> org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.processConnection(ChannelSocket.java:684) 
>
>     at 
> org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket$SocketConnection.runIt(ChannelSocket.java:876) 
>
>     at 
> org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:684) 
>
>     at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
> 2007-04-11 22:22:41,578 ERROR [org.jboss.seam.web.ExceptionFilter] 
> exception root cause
> javax.faces.el.PropertyNotFoundException: 
> /maintenance/broadcast/scheduled/scheduled.xhtml @62,58
>    binding="#{dialogManager.input}": Target Unreachable, identifier 
> 'dialogManager' resolved to null
>     at 
> com.sun.facelets.el.LegacyValueBinding.isReadOnly(LegacyValueBinding.java:84) 
>
>     at 
> org.apache.myfaces.shared_impl.util.RestoreStateUtils.recursivelyHandleComponentReferencesAndSetValid(RestoreStateUtils.java:68)

>
>     at 
> org.apache.myfaces.shared_impl.util.RestoreStateUtils.recursivelyHandleComponentReferencesAndSetValid(RestoreStateUtils.java:41)

>
>     at 
> org.apache.myfaces.shared_impl.util.RestoreStateUtils.recursivelyHandleComponentReferencesAndSetValid(RestoreStateUtils.java:78)

>
>     at 
> org.apache.myfaces.shared_impl.util.RestoreStateUtils.recursivelyHandleComponentReferencesAndSetValid(RestoreStateUtils.java:41)

>
>     at 
> org.apache.myfaces.shared_impl.util.RestoreStateUtils.recursivelyHandleComponentReferencesAndSetValid(RestoreStateUtils.java:78)

>
>     at 
> org.apache.myfaces.shared_impl.util.RestoreStateUtils.recursivelyHandleComponentReferencesAndSetValid(RestoreStateUtils.java:41)

>
>     at 
> org.apache.myfaces.shared_impl.util.RestoreStateUtils.recursivelyHandleComponentReferencesAndSetValid(RestoreStateUtils.java:78)

>
>     at 
> org.apache.myfaces.shared_impl.util.RestoreStateUtils.recursivelyHandleComponentReferencesAndSetValid(RestoreStateUtils.java:41)

>
>     at 
> org.apache.myfaces.shared_impl.util.RestoreStateUtils.recursivelyHandleComponentReferencesAndSetValid(RestoreStateUtils.java:78)

>
>     at 
> org.apache.myfaces.shared_impl.util.RestoreStateUtils.recursivelyHandleComponentReferencesAndSetValid(RestoreStateUtils.java:41)

>
>     at 
> org.apache.myfaces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.restoreView(LifecycleImpl.java:179) 
>
>     at 
> org.apache.myfaces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.execute(LifecycleImpl.java:66)
>     at javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet.service(FacesServlet.java:137)
>     at 
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:252)

>
>     at 
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)

>
>     at 
> org.apache.myfaces.trinidadinternal.webapp.TrinidadFilterImpl._invokeDoFilter(TrinidadFilterImpl.java:210)

>
>     at 
> org.apache.myfaces.trinidadinternal.webapp.TrinidadFilterImpl._doFilterImpl(TrinidadFilterImpl.java:167)

>
>     at 
> org.apache.myfaces.trinidadinternal.webapp.TrinidadFilterImpl.doFilter(TrinidadFilterImpl.java:140)

>
>     at 
> org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.webapp.TrinidadFilter.doFilter(TrinidadFilter.java:93) 
>
>     at 
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:202)

>
>     at 
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)

>
>     at com.itsolut.servlet.LoggingFilter.doFilter(LoggingFilter.java:28)
>     at 
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:202)

>
>     at 
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)

>
>     at 
> org.jboss.seam.web.SeamFilter$FilterChainImpl.doFilter(SeamFilter.java:63) 
>
>     at org.jboss.seam.web.RedirectFilter.doFilter(RedirectFilter.java:45)
>     at 
> org.jboss.seam.web.SeamFilter$FilterChainImpl.doFilter(SeamFilter.java:49) 
>
>     at 
> org.jboss.seam.web.ExceptionFilter.doFilter(ExceptionFilter.java:57)
>     at 
> org.jboss.seam.web.SeamFilter$FilterChainImpl.doFilter(SeamFilter.java:49) 
>
>     at 
> org.jboss.seam.web.MultipartFilter.doFilter(MultipartFilter.java:79)
>     at 
> org.jboss.seam.web.SeamFilter$FilterChainImpl.doFilter(SeamFilter.java:49) 
>
>     at org.jboss.seam.web.SeamFilter.doFilter(SeamFilter.java:84)
>     at 
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:202)

>
>     at 
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)

>
>     at 
> org.jboss.web.tomcat.filters.ReplyHeaderFilter.doFilter(ReplyHeaderFilter.java:96) 
>
>     at 
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:202)

>
>     at 
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)

>
>     at 
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:213) 
>
>     at 
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:178) 
>
>     at 
> org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.SecurityAssociationValve.invoke(SecurityAssociationValve.java:175)

>
>     at 
> org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.JaccContextValve.invoke(JaccContextValve.java:74) 
>
>     at 
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:126) 
>
>     at 
> org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:105) 
>
>     at 
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:107) 
>
>     at 
> org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:148) 
>
>     at 
> org.apache.jk.server.JkCoyoteHandler.invoke(JkCoyoteHandler.java:199)
>     at 
> org.apache.jk.common.HandlerRequest.invoke(HandlerRequest.java:282)
>     at org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.invoke(ChannelSocket.java:754)
>     at 
> org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.processConnection(ChannelSocket.java:684) 
>
>     at 
> org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket$SocketConnection.runIt(ChannelSocket.java:876) 
>
>     at 
> org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:684) 
>
>     at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
>
>
>
> Thanks,
> Chris....
>
>


Mime
View raw message