From "D. Cardon" <my_trash_m...@yahoo.com>
Subject Detecting Partial Refresh
Date Wed, 18 Apr 2007 20:35:57 GMT
Hi all,

I have a page in which I use a partial refresh to
update selectable values in some drop-down boxes.  In
this scenario, the values in one drop-down determines
the set of possible values in another drop-down.  So,
a partial page refresh seemed an intuitive way to
handle the update of the dependent drop-down.

In addition to these drop-down boxes, there are other
components on the page, some of which need validation.
 However, I would only like to validate the components
when the form is "actually" submitted--not during the
autoSubmit of my related drop-down boxes.  Is there
any way to detect the partial page refresh during the
validation phase and prevent the validation from
occurring?  Or is there a better way to handle this?

Thanks,

--David