From "Daniel King" <dank...@nemours.org>
Subject RE: dataTable - loading data in a bean constructor
Date Fri, 20 Apr 2007 20:23:05 GMT
Simon,

  Thanks for the response.  This is for a shopping cart application with
a huge number of possible clients.  Also this table has the ability to
paginate.  The problem with your idea would be that the bean is request
scope and gets constructed again when the table is paginated.  This
calls the method to fill the table from the constructor and the PPR
method.  And if I check to see that it is a PPR method and not load the
data then it isn't loaded whenever it is within a subview for a tab.

Daniel King, R2D2, C3P0
Application Engineer
Web Team
Nemours
Office: (904) 288-5643
Fax:    (904) 288-5758

*** Call me Daniel ***

NOTICE...This electronic transmission is intended only for the person(s)
named.  It may contain information that is (i) proprietary to the
sender, and/or (ii) privileged, confidential and/or otherwise exempt
from disclosure under applicable State and Federal law, including, but
not limited to, privacy standards imposed pursuant to the federal Health
Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA).  Receipt
by anyone other than the named recipient(s) is not a waiver of any
applicable privilege.  If you received this confidential communication
in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail message
and permanently delete the original message from your system.