From "Daniel King" <dank...@nemours.org>
Subject dataTable - loading data in a bean constructor
Date Fri, 20 Apr 2007 19:32:02 GMT
Currently I am loading a data table's data in the constructor of my
bean.  I can check to see when my bean is constructed if it is a
postback and if so skip this data load.

However I have a situation where I have a subview which has a data table
that needs data loaded as soon as you hit the page.  This postback check
will cause the data load to be skipped.

Anyone else have a similar problem and solution where they need data
loaded as soon as a page loads and not on PPR?

Postback check example:

public MyBean() {

if(!RequestContext.getCurrentInstance().isPostback()) {

  // load data

}

}

Thanks,

Daniel King, R2D2, C3P0

Application Engineer

Web Team

Nemours

Office: (904) 288-5643

Fax:    (904) 288-5758

*** Call me Daniel ***

NOTICE...This electronic transmission is intended only for the person(s)
named.  It may contain information that is (i) proprietary to the
sender, and/or (ii) privileged, confidential and/or otherwise exempt
from disclosure under applicable State and Federal law, including, but
not limited to, privacy standards imposed pursuant to the federal Health
Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA).  Receipt
by anyone other than the named recipient(s) is not a waiver of any
applicable privilege.  If you received this confidential communication
in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail message
and permanently delete the original message from your system.