From Jens Stegemann <jens.stegem...@gmx.de>
Subject treeTable: rowsByDepth ignored (was Re: AW: handle selection state of treeTable)
Date Wed, 04 Apr 2007 10:56:17 GMT
Am Dienstag, 3. April 2007 13:56 schrieb Jochen Traunecker:
> as far as I know: to select a node in the tree you need the node's tree
> path. The path is a sequence of "index numbers" of your tree model (with
> Default TreeModel), starting at root node and digging down the tree
> hierachy to the node of interest.
>
> To select / expand a node of interest you have to formulate the node's path
> by your own (I'm not that kind of expert to be confident in that) or you
> have to implement your own treeModel providing these kind of convenience.

Thank you for your reply. I indeed implemented a treeModel of my own which
allows me to get a RowKey for a given object. A tree works perfect with this
model. My treeTable however renders only one item per hierarchy-level at a
time. The parameter "rowsByDepth" is simply ignored.

I am using facelets. Therefore I have set up an int[] in my backing bean and
connected the parameter to the property of the bean - since facelets cannot
convert a String of numbers to an array...

Has anybody here an idea what I could do about this?

Your's

Jens